College of Theology
As a Christian university, Grand Canyon University (GCU) motivates students like you to learn and apply God's Word into each facet of life, including your education. Programs delivered by the College of Theology seek to impart biblically based wisdom to those passionate about ministering and helping others through Christ. Offering courses within an interdenominational environment, we aim to create the next generation of Christian leaders.
Living Faith, presented by the College of Theology, offers insightful posts from faculty about faith and living, mission trips and much more. Read the latest articles from students, faculty and scholars who share a passion for their faith.
Audition for a Worship Arts Program
GCU's Center for Worship Arts is home to our worship arts programs, which were created to help a new generation of worship leaders impact churches around the world. If you are interested in the Bachelor of Arts in Worship Arts with an Emphasis in Worship Ministry, you will need to audition for admission into the program. Explore the audition process for more information.
As an interdenominational Christian institution, GCU and the College of Theology are here to support you through your academic and spiritual journey. The Doctrinal Statement embraces the pillars of belief that serve as a foundation for all of Christianity, and outlines our commitment to the full inspiration of Scripture.
Dispositional and Behavioral Standards
As ministers of the gospel, theology students are expected to conform to dispositional and behavioral standards that are consistent with biblical teaching, sound doctrine and the commitments they make at the start of their program. These standards align with the college's Covenant and represent the essential values and qualities that should characterize gospel ministers.
Ethical Positions Statement
Learn about GCU's beliefs on moral truth, creation, human life, salvation and more in our Ethical Positions Statement. We believe the Bible serves as the final standard and authority in all matters of faith and practice, including ethics. Through our Ethical Positions Statement, our goal is to provide clarity, unity and alignment across the university on matters of ethics and morality.
The College of Theology has adopted a Covenant that describes a lifestyle consistent with its strong doctrinal commitments, while underscoring the vital connection between the Christian faith and the Christian life. The college asks all theology faculty and students to affirm this document as a way to indicate personal commitment to living in accord with its principles.
GCU's Master of Divinity (MDiv) Residency helps MDiv students enrich their learning experience through collaboration, fellowship and in-person interaction. MDiv Residencies, offered in academically stimulating settings, are designed to help you enhance interpersonal communication and develop leadership skills under the guidance of expert faculty. Sessions deliver special conferences and exchange forums where you can easily network with peers, consult with mentors and achieve new perspective.
Master of Divinity Residency
Each MDiv Residency is strategically designed to advance learning and motivate fellowship. At GCU, MDiv Residencies are delivered in open forum environments that encourage networking and camaraderie. Partner with professors and peers to increase wisdom, enrich skills and cultivate lifelong relationships.
MDiv students are required to attend MDiv Residencies to progress in their program and fulfill graduation requirements. Sessions are offered during the summer. Email your MDiv Residency questions to email@example.com or contact your student services counselor with any questions.
MDiv Residency 2018
The 2018 MDiv Residency fee is $795.
Your MDiv Residency fee includes:
- One-on-one coaching from faculty
- Hotel room
- Wireless Internet access
- Some meals
- Transportation to and from the hotel to campus
Your MDiv Residency fee does not include:
- Any and all personal transportation during MDiv Residency (excluding onsite transportation listed above)
- Some meals
MDiv Residency is a 4-credit course and subject to applicable tuition rates in addition to the MDiv Residency fee.
All MDiv Residency requirements must be fulfilled to meet the MDiv graduation requirements. MDiv Residencies are part of your program and can prevent you from registering for additional courses:
- The first MDiv Residency should be completed during your first 42 credit hours to register for additional courses.
- The second MDiv Residency should be completed prior to completion of 66 credit hours.
- The third MDiv Residency must be completed prior to graduation.
You must be in attendance at all sessions to receive MDiv Residency credit.
To help ensure you have a successful MDiv Residency, we suggest you confirm the following as soon as you are registered:
- Plan your travel to accommodate MDiv Residency.
- Compare airlines for the best price and book early to secure your seat at MDiv Residency
- Changes and/or cancellations are the students responsibility
- Plan to arrive in Phoenix by 1 pm and leave after the course ends at noon on Friday
- Submit your travel plans on your personal travel web form (given to you upon registration) 30 days before your online MDiv Residency class start date to complete your registration process.
- Pay your tuition in full (students account must be in good standing to attend).
- Create a food budget for meals not covered in your MDiv Residency fee.
- Request time off (confirm with workplace/employer).
- Work with your family's schedule (confirm support systems are in place during time away from home).
- Complete MDiv Residency pre-assignment and deposit it in your classroom assignment folder on Sunday.
- Bring business casual attire (no jeans or shorts).
- Bring layers of clothing (inside and outside temperatures vary).
- Pack a laptop, chargers, power cords and electronic version of textbooks.
- Communicate any special needs at least one month prior to arrival by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
|May 7 – 11, 2018||Phoenix: GCU Campus & GCU Hotel|
|Aug. 6 – 10, 2018||Phoenix: GCU Campus & GCU Hotel|