The GCU Honors College
Embrace the Challenge, Enrich Your Future
Welcome to the Honors College at Grand Canyon University (GCU), home to a vibrant community of ambitious learners seeking a challenging and robust undergraduate experience. As an honors student, you are among a group of peers who share your aspirations, aptitude and interests. We are eager to have passionate and motivated students like you in our college.
The Honors College is designed to develop you into an exemplary graduate and influential agent of change who will lead and serve in both the workplace and within your local and global communities. The dynamic interdisciplinary curriculum is uniquely designed to enrich your academic experience and challenge you to exceed your intellectual and creative boundaries.
Our dynamic, close-knit and supportive community fosters an opportunity for individualized learning and personal growth, creating a future of leadership and scholarship excellence.
At the Honors College, our goal is to help equip you with the knowledge and skills you need to become a servant leader in the global community, with a competitive advantage over your contemporaries. Our hope is that you will develop problem-solving skills, communication skills, critical thinking, evidence-based decision-making and cultural awareness during your time in the Honors College.
GCU Honors College
TECH 57-325, 3rd Floor
Are you interested in joining our vibrant community of ambitious learners? Apply today for our challenging and enriching Honors College.
The Honors College holistically integrates themes of ethics, faith, service, leadership, research and cultural awareness into the honors coursework, our vibrant honors community and co-curricular activities. Emphasis is placed on experiential learning and moving theory into practical application both inside and beyond the walls of a classroom setting.
With the mission of the Honors College as its foundation, the following pillars aim to support the growth and development of our honors learners, while elevating the honors community overall.
- Integrity matters: Our actions have meaning. The Honors College promotes integrity and character development through ethical decision-making.
- Community: We foster a culture of servant leadership, intentional community engagement, relationship building and strengthening to prioritize a lifelong commitment to service.
- Innovation through interdisciplinary collaboration: We challenge a higher level of thinking by promoting creative inquiry, including purposeful and diligent research to support innovative problem-solving. We foster a community that supports collaborative teamwork across disciplines to maximize learning outcomes and innovation.
- Engage globally: We offer ample opportunity to embrace adventure and explore the world. We encourage you to deepen your cultural awareness, promote diversity and inclusion within your local and global communities, and broaden your worldview.
- The pursuit of excellence: Transform academically through a broad exposure of diverse disciplines. Support intellectual growth and academic achievement, promote professional development and apply leadership opportunities.
Honors students are supported both academically and through various co-curricular opportunities, including global studies programs. As a student, you are encouraged to customize your educational journey to create the competitive edge needed before entering the workforce.
- P.A.C. Professional Development Program
- College-to-Corporate Leadership Academy
- Honors College Student Advisory Board
- Young Athena Valley of the Sun Leadership Program
- Pre-Health Medical and Graduate School Preparation Program
- Public Square series
- Provost Speaker series and networking
- FLIGHT Program
- Inside Entertainment Speaker series
- Honors clubs including Colangelo Scholars, Honors STEMists, Honors VOICES and more
- National Society of Collegiate Scholars (NSCS)
- Alpha Chi National College Honors Society
- Social events including the Honors Fall Social, annual Honors Banquet and more
- Leadership retreats and community-building events
- Annual Next Generation Leadership Conference
- Honors-exclusive career and internship fairs
- Exclusive speaker events and networking opportunities
- Faculty mentorship and industry engagement
- Traditional study abroad
- Honors global fellowship with Living and Learning International
- Short-term medical mission trips with Well Child International
- Short-term vocational mission trips with Students International
- Short-term global study tours with Living and Learning International and Contiki
- International internship programs with The Intern Group
- Honors housing in Juniper Hall for incoming freshmen
- Priority housing selection for eligible continuing honors students
- Free printing within the Honors College administrative building
- Honors diploma, honors designation on transcripts and identification in commencement program
- Additional honors regalia for commencement
- A college and curriculum founded on the five core domains of ethics, research, service, leadership and cultural awareness
- One-on-one mentoring with distinguished, honors-dedicated faculty members
- Priority tickets to exclusive speaker events on campus
- Invitations to interdisciplinary symposia seminars
- Honors mission trip and international travel opportunities
- Opportunities for internships and community service-learning projects
- Honors student organizations
- PAC Boot Camp Program: An exclusive eight-week opportunity for personal, academic and career development, including faculty mentorship
- Annual Leadership Conference with networking and professional development opportunities
- Social, community-building events with honors peers
- Various student, spiritual life and exclusive honors social and team-building events
Graduation With a Leadership Distinction
Student leaders uphold an exceptional commitment to leading and serving within the GCU community. This Graduation With Leadership (GLD) distinction provides traditional, undergraduate students an opportunity to earn recognition after acquiring and documenting 350 or more hours inclusive of professional and leadership development training, applied leadership experiences and community service hours. To pursue the GLD pathway and distinction, complete the GLD interest form.
Honors Course Catalog
Explore opportunities to customize your honors academic experience. View the Honors Course Catalog to identify honors-only courses, addenda courses, enrichment contract options, uniquely written honors electives and symposia courses.
Join FLIGHT, an honors-exclusive mentorship program that teams upperclassmen with new honors students. Students with my.gcu.edu credentials can learn more about FLIGHT and how to sign up as a mentor or mentee today.