The Office of Welcome Programs serves incoming, new students and families through an orientation and transition process that builds connection to campus life. Navigate through the page below for more information on New Student Orientation, Welcome Week and resources available for new students and families.
The 2019-20 Resource Guide contains essential information including what to bring to campus, how to get involved, where to find academic support and so much more. New students will receive a hard copy of the Resource Guide at New Student Orientation.
New Student Orientation
New Student Orientation (NSO) is designed to equip you with everything you need to thrive in your new life as a Lope! At New Student Orientation, you will have the chance to connect with other new students and families, explore opportunities for campus involvement, meet with an advisor regarding your class schedule and financial aid, pick up your ID and parking pass and so much more! Parents and families are invited to attend as well.
2020 Orientation Dates
- Spring 2020 Starts: Saturday, Jan. 4
- Fall 2020 Starts: Coming Soon!
New Student Orientation Registration
- Spring 2020 NSO registration will open in November 2019
- Fall 2020 NSO registration will open in April 2020
During Spring Welcome, new students will move onto campus, meet other new and returning students, complete outstanding tasks before the start of classes and be officially commissioned into the Herd.
Spring Express Move-In will take place on Saturday, Jan. 4 from 8 – 10 am. View the full Spring Welcome schedule and route map for how to navigate campus below.
Please use the following new student resources to connect with a Welcome Pro during the school year!
- Have a question? Ask a Welcome Pro! Text us at 602-639-6002 and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible. Welcome Pros are available Monday – Friday from 8 am – 5 pm.
- Having trouble getting connected? Once the semester starts, you can fill out the New Student Connection Form on the Resources tab of GCU Engage and a Welcome Pro will reach out to help you get connected.
- Keep an eye out for Freshman First Four events. We’ll host one event each week for the first four weeks of the semester where you can meet other new students.
- Visit the New Student Help Desk at the Office of Welcome Programs located on the south side of Juniper Hall near the Amazon lockers. We are available Monday – Friday, 9 am – 4 pm.
The Welcome Pros are an experienced team of GCU student leaders who are passionate about your first-year experience. They serve as connection ambassadors to help get you plugged into campus life. Depending on your communication preference, they will connect with you over text, a phone call or a cup of coffee to learn about your hobbies, passions and growth opportunities.
With over 80 clubs, an average of 10 events per week, many recreational facilities such as the Canyon Activity Center and Thunder Alley, and countless places to hangout on campus, there is a place for everyone to get connected at GCU and the Welcome Pros are here to help you find it! If you are a new student who is struggling to get involved on campus, there are a number of ways we can help you get plugged in.
Parent and Family Programs seeks to form a collaborative partnership with students, families and the university to ensure that every student has a successful and enjoyable college experience. We’re here to make sure you feel equipped to support your student through each stage of their collegiate journey.
Learn more about Parent and Family Programs here!