What You Need to Know About Parking
At Grand Canyon University (GCU), we strive to provide ample parking on and around our main campus in Phoenix so that all students have access to our facilities. The following parking information pertains to GCU's main campus at 3300 W. Camelback Road. If you are visiting another GCU location, obey the parking signage on our property. Students, staff or faculty members may receive citations or be towed at the property owner's discretion if they are in violation of posted rules. To learn more about parking on campus, take a look at our frequently asked questions.
GCU also offers convenient shuttle transportation across campus.
The shuttles operate Monday – Friday, 7 am to 10 pm, and during game days and campus events to get all passengers to their destinations in a timely matter. Take a look at the GCU shuttle routes.
Parking permit fees vary by lot and location. To learn more about your parking options and costs visit our Tuition and Financing page and click on Other Fees.
Obtaining a Parking Permit
If you want to park on campus, you must have a parking permit for a designated lot. Learn about costs, parking expectation, refund policies and more.
Purchase a Permit Online
All students who bring a car onto campus are required to register their vehicle and secure the appropriate permit. Parking permits may be purchased online.
Parking and Traffic Rules
GCU enforces strict parking and traffic rules in order to keep the campus community safe. Explore the parking and road rules on GCU's campus.
If you expect to have visitors at GCU, they should use the entrance at 33rd Avenue and obtain a temporary parking permit from the Public Safety Officer by showing their valid driver's license. The permit should be prominently displayed on the driver's side dashboard. Visitors will be directed to guest spaces. Cars that are parked in spaces that are not reserved for visitors will receive a parking citation.
Vehicles that do not display a current permit or pass may be cited. Vehicles violating time restrictions are subject to penalties, ranging from a citation up to and including towing and impoundment.
Find the parking information you need while on campus:
- In the absence of a sign at the entrance to a lot or garage, refer to the parking map to determine parking regulations for that lot. Any modifications to a lot during the academic year will be posted on signs at the entrance to the lot, and the change will be effective immediately.
- Gate security allows all current GCU decals onto campus. It is up to you to park in your designated lot.
- If a parking sign conflicts with the parking map or information on the GCU website, the sign will always supersede.
- All vehicles must be parked within the marked boundaries of one parking space or stall.
- Vehicles in garages or in angled parking on one-way streets must be parked head-in.
- Any area not specifically designated for parking is considered a no-parking zone; vehicles in that area may be cited.